Shop Stewards Meeting
On January 23, 2024, our recently appointed shop stewards convened for their inaugural quarterly meeting, delving into topics that address the concerns and well-being of our members.
Throughout the year, these stewards will consistently gather to enhance their expertise and foster collaborative efforts.
Outlined in our bylaws, the responsibilities of a Shop Steward encompass the following:
- Attend all regular and special membership meetings.
- Participate in all Shop Stewards meetings.
- Acquaint themselves with the Collective Agreement and adhere to federal and provincial workplace regulations.
- Ensure the enforcement of Collective Agreement provisions, promptly reporting any perceived violations to the Chief Shop Steward and/or Executive Board.
- Compile relevant information pertaining to grievances and initiate the grievance process as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
- Actively promote member attendance at Union meetings.
- Undertake duties as delegated by the Chief Shop Steward or Executive Board.
To view a roster of our Shop Stewards or to get in touch with them, please visit this link.